We are glad to release, finally, our first free WordPress theme: Sports News PVM. A theme designed and coded by Piervincenzo Madeo for the readers of the PV.M Garage.
The theme has a two-columns layout with an unique soft grunge design and a nice featured news section, it includes many mordern qualities to create a nice sports blog/magazine. Sports News PVM is free to use in private and commercial projects because we love our readers.
Download Sports News PVM Theme for free
The theme is released under GNU General Public License. You can use it for all your web projects for free, without any restrictions and you may modify the theme as you wish. So if you like this resource for WordPress lovers, spread the word with a link to this article. Below you can download the theme + PSD source (.zip, 1.6 Mb – the font for the logo is available on Dafont: Hollywood Hills). You can also see the live preview of the our first free WordPress theme.
Below you’ll find more screenshots of the theme. We hope you like the final result of our work.
Featured News Box
The theme is packed full of nice features to encourage the readers to explore new posts an sections. Read below to know additional information on this freebie.
- 1. Modern and beautiful web design
- 2. Tableless design and 100% CSS-based layout
- 3. Two columns of fixed width
- 4. Support post thumbnail images for 2.9
- 5. Widget Ready
- 6. XHTML 1.1 Transitional valid
- 7. The package also include the PSD-source files (logo included)
- 8. Commented CSS and theme PHP files for customization
- 9. Multi-browser compatibility. Tested under modern w3c compliant browsers Firefox 3, Safari 4, IE8, IE7 and Google Chrome 3
- STEP 1. Extract the files it contains. You need to preserve the directory structure in the archive when extracting these files
- STEP 2. Upload the theme to your /wp-content/themes/ directory
- STEP 3. Now go to Appearance >> Themes and activate the “Sports News PVM” theme
- STEP 4. Go to Appearance >> Sports News PVM Options and customize the theme
Sports News PVM Theme Options
- 1. Enable/Disable Featured news box in home page and choose the tag for featured posts
- 2. Show/Hide Ads section in the sidebar and customize all necessary URLs (images and links) and the title
- 3. Add your Feedburner link and your profiles on Social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Delicious, etc…)
- Normal post thumbnail – As said the theme supports the new post thumbnail image system of Wordpress 2.9 and to use this feature, you must be within the post editing screen of your WordPress admin. Here, you can see a new meta box labeled “Post Thumbnail”. There is a link to “Set thumbnail,” which allow you to use the media uploader to load a new image. Once uploaded the image you can click on “Use as thumbnail” to add your thumbnail.
- Featured post thumbnails – For featured posts you can upload the images (big and small) to your site using the image upload feature on the post edit screen (in your WordPress admin panel).
Once uploaded your images, scroll to the bottom of the post edit page and look for the “Custom Field” panel. Click on “Enter new” and type the word “feat_img” (big image) into the “Name” input field in your dialog box. Paste the URL to your image in the “Value” textarea input field of your custom fields dialog box and click the “Add custom field” button. Then repeat the operation: type the word “feat_img_sm” (small image) into the “Name” input field in your dialog box and paste the URL to your image in the “Value” textarea input field.
Size For Thumbnails
- Normal post thumnail image: size 200×200 px
- Featured post big image: size 340×189 px
- Featured post small image: size 75×40 px
- 1. You can use them on as many domain names as you wish
- 2. You may use them for your clients’ projects / websites. Number of projects is not limited
- 3. You may not claim intellectual and exclusive ownership to any of the themes
- 4. You may not sub-license the original themes and their individual files to and with anyone else, unless a specific license within the theme states otherwise
- 5. You may modify them. However, you may not modify and then resell, unless the modified versions are drastically different from the originals
- 6. We reserve the right to refuse, cancel, or suspend service at our sole discretion and the right to change or modify these terms with no prior notice